You are viewing the website for the aac-rerc, which was funded by NIDRR from 2008-2013.
For information on the new RERC on AAC, funded by NIDILRR from 2014-2019, please visit rerc-aac.psu.edu.
AAC for Aphasia: A Review of Visual Scenes Display Project
David R. Beukelman, Ph.D.,
This presentation will review the research and development activities associated with the Visual Scenes Display (VSD) Project at the University of Nebraska , Lincoln .
- The VSD interface will be demonstrated
- The strategies for capturing and entering content for individuals with aphasia who rely on AAC will be discussed
- Examples of VSD setups for specific individuals will be presented
- Intervention outcomes will be reported.
- Support Activities and Materials
Augmentative Communication News: Visual Scene Displays (August 2004)
This issue provides information on the use of Visual Scene Displays with beginning communicators and individuals with significant cognitive and/or linguistic limitations (pdf)
Visual Scene Displays (University of Nebraska)
Link to University of Nebraska site for downloading Visual Scene Templates
Slides - PDF format. (4915KB)
Handouts - PDF format. (1126KB)
Transcript - PDF format. (84KB)
Transcript - text format. (72KB)